Staff Online
Staff Team

https://i.imgur.com/f9oCeov.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTXwquy.jpg https://i.imgur.com/tEntTxd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QJKml5F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GIkzBhX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oKZpPn5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VALoWyE.png https://i.imgur.com/sEnOLLi.gif

Village News
The islands in Ocean Country have been celebrating the arrival of the next Umikage, Saizo. The long bridge leading to SHIPPUUGAKURE NO SATO has been closed for outsiders because they wish to celebrate this moment with Ocean Country natives only.
As usual, the Storm Country has been hosting the Asgard Games to welcome their Kanetsukage, Cornelia. It's a double special occasion because Cornelia is also the first female Kanetsukage. She has been picked for her courage, loyalty and outstanding power by the BOUFUUGAKURE NO SATO elders.
Not only that, but the Cherry Blossom Country has become relieved as well. It seems that everyone is slowly picking up after the war now. KUSAMURAGAKURE NO SATO proudly presented their new Sakurakage, Altair.
TSUKIGAKURE NO SATO is still thriving on the merchants coming in and out. They have not experienced anything special lately. Their wealth has remained the same as they were not forced to invest into shinobi unlike the others.
On the cold isles of the Blizzard Country, HYOUGAGAKURE NO SATO has still refused to create a free traveling policy. Some habits never change. To protect their traditions, they have even warned outsiders to not interfere with their matters.
Now that everyone is picking up again, who will come out on top?
Donations4Legacy!
It is possible to support the forum via donations. This is not required however so please do not feel obliged to donate if you do not wish to do so. We have created a system to thank our contributors though. You can read more about that by clicking --► HERE! Once you're sure that you wish to donate, click on the button below and follow the instructions given by PayPal. Please write down your username followed by Naruto Legacy in the extra notes section to get your points faster.

Copyright
Naruto Legacy was created by Nova and powered by FM. It is currently under the ownership of Eden. Contents, characters, plots, etc. are credited to the members. Please do not take anything that doesn't belong to you. If misconduct occurs, please notify Eden.

© All other rights to the Naruto franchise are reserved by Masashi Kishimoto.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Finder
Our Affiliates

A Few Things.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genin

Haseo
Haseo
Male Posts : 35
Ryo : 3004

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Few Things.  Left_bar_bleue100/100A Few Things.  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

A Few Things.  Empty
PostSubject: A Few Things.    A Few Things.  EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 9:16 am

This is a discussion I would like the entire forum to talk about. It may be more of a siggestion, but I want the entire forum to see this, so that I can see what every thinks. This is not for my own sake I repeat THIS IS NOT FOR MY OWN SAKE. So let's get right into it shall we?

It is my understanding that anyone with a Bijuu that goes inactive while in poession of said Bijuu is stripped of the bijuu and resultingly the character dies. It was brought to my attetion that Rael the alt of the Owner or Legacy has a Bjiuu. Now I understand that they have a main account which I don't know the name of so I will talk as if Rael is them. Anyway, they have not posted with this character in quite sometime so long so that the character has been deemed inactive; now we all know what this means correct, this means that the character should be stripped of the Bijuu and die. I do not know whether to say fortunately or unforunately on this part, but regardless it was further brought to my attention that they have been allowed to keep their character and the Bijuu. Apparently they have been developing the character OFF SITE and have preared for a one year time skip. This is apparently being allowed because Rael is the owner of the site.

Now I'm not one to normally do this, but I've been on may forums with plenty of different types of people and staff and I must say if this is allowed it will not end well for future members who amy end up with Bijuu, go inactive, have their characters forcebly killed, and find out about this. This could bring added drama for the staff; Drama in which no staff member has time for. This is my personal opinon, but if this is allowed then it should be allowed for anyone. Even if it has to be on a probationary period, but for someone to not follow the rules that they themselves had a hand in is unfair plain and simple.

Just to let you all in on the mind of a Rper and you all should know this but even so I will still express it. No rper wants to have their character that they have worked on and built IC relationships with to be killed outside of a fight or because they have given up on it. Am I right or wrong? I can understand taking the Bijuu; you take the Bijuu back so it can be open. However this is not even done IC so the character basically dies OOC. At the very least the character can remain and have edits made to it so that the Bijuu was never a part of it.

Just to dive deeper into the subject and direct it back to Rael this would be like a buisness owner enforcing a strict dress code that consits of a suit and tie and comes in wearing flip flops, cargo shorts, and a Hawian shirt. I mean it is their company they can do whatever they want, but they will lose the respect of their employees because they are not leading by example. This could even lead to the downfall of said company. I'm not saying this will happen to Legacy, nor do I want it to happen but fair is fair and if Rael and the rest of the staff want the members to respect them and thier status as staff to the point were there will be no back talk then you must enforce the rules regardless of tilte or rank within the forum.

Every comment your thoughts about this; Please keep it civil.

Highlights

• Allow probationary status as Jin.
  • Allow character to reamin alive at cost of Bijuu and upon edit of character app
  • Enforce rules on every member not maktter rank or title
  • Fair is Fair
  • THIS IS NOT FOR MY SAKE

If anyone feels what I say about Rael is a lie I was told this by Semasu|Vex himself and Rina|Nephthys was present to see what was said. I also have screenshots to show my proof. O:

*P.S. | Alts should not be allowed Bijuu for the simple fact main characters get more attention
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hisame
Hisame
Female Posts : 734
Ryo : 598400

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Few Things.  Left_bar_bleue315/315A Few Things.  Empty_bar_bleue  (315/315)

A Few Things.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Things.    A Few Things.  EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Since this topic is directly connected with my alt, Rael, I'll be addressing it. Since it was also my input and over all decision to deal with the Inactive Jin as we have chosen to do such, I will be more then happy to clear things up a bit.

First and for most, after reading your opinion and concerns on this matter, I can see where you are coming from. As usual, I have already considered these points and concerns. I have given a lot of thought on the entire Bijuu situation as a whole. Not to mention, the killing of characters. I myself, and I have said this before, hate to take anything away from anyone. It doesn't really sit right with me. However, sometimes, certain things either need to be removed for balancing issues, or just because it ends up being the best thing to do, for the site. Lately, we have been cracking down on what is fair and not fair. Rules have been fixed. Operations on the site have been changed. Attempts to finally make things better, in both functionality and fairness have been introduced and carried out. With this past summer however, the site took a major slump in activity, to the point where it pretty much died. I wasn't much help in that, but I have addressed that matter many times and now the staff team is doing what they can to make legacy a better place over all.

Now you may be asking, "what does this have to do with the Bijuu/Jin situation?" Well this situation came about with the revamp of the site, where all of these changes will be made. New systems, new story, new character arcs, just a bunch of newly introduced material, which we have been trying to release little by little. One of the things we had to address was the inactive Jins. Now the main thing with the inactive Jins, was the fact that not just were the character inactive, but the account themselves were also inactive. Now an active account doesn't exactly mean you are entitled to keep the status/position/bijuu/ect. However, if given a legitimate reason, those who are inactive may not actually lose their character/position/blah blah, ect. The reason for this is because we want to be as fair as possible for our members, which includes inactive ones as well. It is one thing to just lose interest and leave. It is another to not have a choice, or have other responsibilities, which limit ones activity. The first one is punishable, because there is no just reason to actually preserve what the person has. They left of their own accord. Those of the second standing, have previously provided a reason for their inactivity, so they are treated with a bit more leniency.

So why is the case for Rael special. Well it is simple. It isn't because I am the owner, or get any special treatment. It is because I simply don't have the time at this moment to not just dedicate and develop Rael, but really any of my characters. My main is of course, Hisame. Her development is not exactly booming either. My latest development for her isn't even for me or the character, but was for the other Ouraboros members. The reason for this is because I am very, very, very busy. There are tons of real life responsibilities that simply have to come first. When I have those settled and the free time to do something for the site, it is working on systems, rules, member issues, plot developments, ect. All of my site time goes to just that, the site. I'm doing what I can, when I can, to make Legacy a better place for the members. There was a lot of stuff wrong with it. There is still things wrong with it. We are trying to fix it. I'm trying to fix it. So with such, my characters get placed on the back burners. If they are needed for something, like Hisame for the Ouraboros topic, then I do what I can to involve them. Rael will have her time and place as well. I just can't place her there yet. There was current development planned, but it requires a new direction, now that the character's Rp partner was killed.

On another note. I am not the only "inactive" Jin who is being allowed to keep their Bijuu. Rumi is also an inactive Jin, who is being allowed to keep their Bijuu. The reason for it, the same. He is busy with school and because of such, is unable to devote a lot of time to character development. Unlike the other inactive Jins though, Rumi can still be seen. He checks in, finds out what is going on, gives us a bit of an update, ect. He is consistent, when none of the others are. The rest just left to leave. Now i may not hope on Rael every day, or even every week. However I am on daily, join my job as the head of staff. I'm not just gone.

Now you mentioned people not wanting to get their characters killed off. This is something I know all too well. I don't like the idea of having to kill anyone's characters off, especially with how important mine are to me. A character is to an Rper as art created is to an artist. We hold importance in it. The characters are in our own way, a piece of ourselves, so it pains me to kill off characters in such a way. We don't do it just so matter of factly, however. We give it a reason and a just one. We have even prepared it as part of the plot for the sire revamp. However, it is not posted, because the revamp isn't ready to be put into motion on a plot level. The closing of villages, the relocation of shinobi, the removal and killing off of Jins. We have used it and prepared a theme for it. We have direction for it, and being so, it makes it not so very OOC. For now, it may seem as such, but we are going to do something with it, for the plot.

The last thing I will address is the "off-site development". This was misunderstood to a degree. yes, I am jolting down plans and things that I want to get done for Rael, but I'm doing that for everything. That isn't the reason why I get to keep her or the Bijuu. It is just how I can work through things, when I am not on Legacy to actually do so. It is how I plan our events, outline our systems, rules, ect. The reason for it is because I don't like just leave an unfinished product up. I like to pitch at least something concrete to my members and staff team. Some things I make exception for, generally with systems. This is because input from my staff is key to getting the most out of a system at times. I'm only one person after all. I can't do everything by myself and expect it to go according to plan. So being such, I have a lot of off-site developments and plans. Not just for my characters, but the the site, for staff, the members. It is just one of the steps in planning that need to be done. Does this mean things are ready to be placed in motion, no, it doesn't. Does this mean I will be ready when I have the time to devote to it, yes, it does. So for right now, as I have said before, my characters, which includes Rael are more or less, on the back burner until needed.

P.S. The Yonbi no Kuzuri, has been redesigned and created by me. Like some of the other Bijuu, it is still greatly undeveloped. So much so that it isn't even really set up for character use to a significant degree. Part of the things I have jolted and plotted out, are things for the Yonbi to try to finish it. Since it is connected to my alt character, there isn't really a demand for the Bijuu's update, since that character is on a partial hold, due to myself having more pressing site responsibilities. Opening up the Yonbi would be putting out an very underdeveloped piece of the puzzle. We have enough issues with such already. Another is not needed at this time. So passing it to another member would not be preferred, as there would be very little use for it.

So with all that being said, I hope that it has answered and cleared up some of the concerns, misconceptions and seemingly "unfair" actions placed onto staff. I hope i have answered all the possible and currently existing questions/concerns. If not, please feel free to state them.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Haseo
Haseo
Male Posts : 35
Ryo : 3004

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Few Things.  Left_bar_bleue100/100A Few Things.  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

A Few Things.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Things.    A Few Things.  EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 pm

I understand what you are saying I truly do, but not all people leave just to leave. I know for a fact that some people are interested in some things, but get so wrapped up in RL problems which include working a tiring job to were literally all they do is sleep, eat, and work; having a death of a Family member; having one almost die; and just the general overall stress of being a person trying to get to a point were they can stand on their own to feet. Again this is not for my own sake, but like I tried to express to Vex; everyone is different some people can't find the time to just hope on and post. I know it sound ridiculous, but I know this from personal experience. When I got that job in which I explained my posting patterns would change that I was so tired dealing with the ob itself, the stress that comes along with just having a job, trying to get a car so that I did not have to walk everyday in the heat and later on in the cold, and the overall stress of what was going on in my life which included a death in the family and my god brother getting into a car accident. I was so tired to the point where all I did was sleep. I did not watch tv, talk on the phone, nor did I get on the internet. Even on my days off I slept and washed clothes. Everyone handles these types of things differently, so just killing the character based on the basis of it will be used in a plot that isn't even complete is ok to you?

As I was saying it is the simple thing of leading by example. I understand that the Bijuu is under developed, but what exactly is wrong with leaving the rper/member to developing the Bijuu; under supervision of course. This is a rp afterall. But going back to what I was previously saying you do not get on the character I understand that it's due to developing the site, but you see no problem in just keeping the Bijuu for a character you do not use; by your standards it wouldn't matter if someone is doing that they would still be stripped of their Bijuu and their character killed. For example if Tom were to have a character with a Bijuu and vanished for months with no word and came back let's say 4 months, but not to post but say he hand run into some problems in life and such had not be able to get on but he had been typing up some character development while he wasn't on. Let's get deeper into it by saying ad you say user joined the next day and asked for the Bijuu that Tom had based on him being inactive. Would you say Tom is just having problems so this new user can't have the Bijuu or give the it to this new user with no notice to Tom?

That is my question to you. I know it may seem like I am rambling and may not be making sense, but I'm trying to get this out to the best of my abilities. Either allow all the chance to keep their Bijuu on a probationary status having to meet certain requirements or take every Bijuu for people who don't actively post IC. Again Alts should not be allowed to hold Bijuu regardless of reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Tamashi*
Tamashi*
Ryo : 19000

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Few Things.  Left_bar_bleue250/250A Few Things.  Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

A Few Things.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Things.    A Few Things.  EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:49 pm

People leave and if you think about it. Yes you went through all that, which no one ever wants to go through with a death of a family member or anyone closes to them. I don't know you and I don't know if you posted an absence of leaving and saying that a family member died or whatever reason you had. If you did do it, you should get your bijuu back and such. If you didn't, my question is why? It's takes 2 minutes to get on this site and post something. If you don't have internet, a public place like a cafe or library or even a friends house. There are many ways to get online. I don't know how long you have been inactive and I am no staff member, no bijuu holder or even want one, I only have one main character, and I am fairly new here. Just letting you know my status. To be inactive for various reasons is fine, but not letting anyone know what happened before you left. How do you think that feels on other members?

many members tells us why they are leaving. Those who don't, why not? It's takes a few seconds to even get on this site.

you have probably worked hard for your bijuu and cared for it and to have it taken away from hard work is frustrating. If you think about it, real life is important and we spend hours on here than anywhere else. You probably at one time spent months probablys years in forming and molding your character. We spend our lives here and not with friends. What I'm trying to say is, this is like our second life here. Different from the real world. Just like how you go to work and tell your boss that something came up and you have to leave for days or this is just pushing it a little, months because of a death in the family. Your boss let's say gives you all these months because of your reason. Now here's a different situation. You leave your job status for months and come back. Telling ur boss that you have been inactive because you had a death in a family. Now as a boss who hasn't seen you in months, should I take your word for it? Do I have evidence from other people that this is true? I'm not saying you are a liar I'm just saying the what if's. It's the same thing like here. You let staff members know you are leaving and you keep ur bijuu. You don't let them know and leave for months and come back. Why should this staff member grant you this request? Others have had death in the family and still come here. I don't have any names but it does happen. What's your excuse?
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Tamashi*
Tamashi*
Ryo : 19000

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Few Things.  Left_bar_bleue250/250A Few Things.  Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

A Few Things.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Things.    A Few Things.  EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:21 pm

I wanted to write more but I was a little busy so here is what I wanted to add on to my previous post.

Example:

I am your boss, and you are my employer. Since I am the boss, months before, I gave nine people special tickets for whatever reason. Now then, you decide to leave the job announced. For months. You finally come back and give me your excuse as to why you up and left. A family member died. now as Boss, I would become skeptical as to why you didn't tell me before hand on why you left. As a Boss, I would have to think to myself, "alright, other people's family members have died and they tell me and they come back, why not him?" When it comes to the real world, you tell your boss before you decide to leave for a few months. Now since I'm the boss, I have to think about the other 9 employee in addition to the countless others who didn't get a ticket. If I let you back in with your ticket, then other employees will start to think to themselves. Well if Haseo got away with it, why can't i? then those nine will leave when they choose too and come back months later giving the same or similar excuse to the boss. Maybe in fact other members without the ticket will choose to leave and come back whenever they want. Because the boss isn't just thinking about the tickets, but the employees as well. If you come back and want your character back, if you want to get your status back in the job, then other people will want the same thing that you will be getting. The boss can give you back your ticket no problem, but since I am a boss and you were gone for a long period of time. I have decided to use those tickets for a different purpose, those who decided to leave, lost their tickets and now its up to me as a boss to use these tickets and create something powerful. Since the people that I could trust with such responsibility up and left, now I have to pick up the pieces and use what I got left from those who have left and formulate something in mind. I just want you to think about this, because it not only affects you in getting back your bijuu and character, it affects everyone around you in a positive and negative way. Nobody wants to lose the job that they work so hard to achieve, nobody wants to lose their character that they work so hard to grow, nobody wants to start over at the same job, and nobody wants to start over at these forums as a new character. Look maybe the staff members will give you back your character, but they have to remove the ticket, the bijuu, and maybe you could do a 5,000 word post or something along those lines on why you are still alive to this day or something like that. Maybe the staff members will give you that option. Even though we know that's impossible since the bijuu once extracted will kill the character. Maybe we can let it slide and if you gave a good enough post as to why your character is still alive, they will grant you just that. Or maybe instead of a bijuu, we replace it with an S rank summoning of that manner. So you still have that great power in a different situation. I don't know what staff members will do, but if I was a staff member, I would grant you the S rank summoning of your choice. but that's all I would do for you. A free S rank summoning, along with the justus that come with it. And that's being nice. since you lose something of value. I do hope something positive comes out for you in the end with your character. Cause If I lost my character through OOC reasons, I would quit this site lol. I love Tamashi Uchiha The Blind Uchiha.
Back to top Go down
Oujoukage

Eden
Eden
Female Posts : 2298
Ryo : 1597319

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Few Things.  Left_bar_bleue500/500A Few Things.  Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

A Few Things.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Things.    A Few Things.  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:28 am

My Little Story on a Matter

Okay, so here I go. Be ready for an essay.

Since early 2013, I have been in out of hospitals all over the country due to a very odd health issue I have. Because of this, I have had to take several notices regarding absences from the forum. At first, it was so often that it felt like I lived in hospitals. However, that didn't stop me from checking into the site at the very least twice a week. In the last 2 years there were I believe 4 major times that I had to be run to a hospital on emergency. Two of those times being while I was in the chatbox talking to people. Because of my health problems, I often disappeared for a few days without notice and worried several people.

One of the reasons I nearly force myself to find a way onto this forum is because of the people I have come to meet and befriend here. Everyone on this forum has done something for me that can never be replaced, even though many of you believe you didn't do anything at all. This brings me to the fact that, regardless of all my tribulations, I forced myself to make the time to be on this forum so that first of all nobody would worry and second of all so that I can retain peace of mind.

Over the past 10 months, I have been undergoing several changes, including returning to the military. I still make time to log on and take care of as much as I possibly can, though much of the work I do is done behind the scenes where most of you don't see. My blood sweat and tears have gone into making this a great forum, and I constantly do my best to uphold everything it stands for currently. The staff team I have now is indispensable to me, for the work they do every day. Being so busy and having the issues I do cause me to not have much time to RP, and it saddens me quite often that I am unable to join you all in the IC fun.

As an RP'er, I understand the weight of one's character and the time put into it. As an Administrator, I also understand the mind of a leader, who expects members to be forthright and make contact with the forum when something happens. From what little I have told you all, you can see that it takes only willpower to do what needs to be done. In this case to make the time to log on for a few moments and post about whatever it is that may be going on. We are all human beings, and we all have our own lives outside of Naruto Legacy. However, there are people here that may be waiting for you, whether it be to RP with you or plot IC development or whatever else. It is a member's responsibility to communicate when a RL conflict arises that needs to be tended to. We all understand this kind of thing happens, but it is one's duty to inform us of such so that the people you leave behind aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

As Tamashi said above just as well, the boss of a company wouldn't want to take a guy back who up and disappeared without notice and never made an attempt to communicate. Back to here on Legacy, we as staff cannot let a member who once held a Bijuu or high rank that left for several months without at least an attempt to communicate with us. What happens to our credibility as staff members when we show leniency to someone who didn't show us a similar courtesy? As staff, we have to make the most correct decision, from a neutral and professional point of view. Sometimes these decisions end up being rather cold or may even seem abusive, but there is a logical reason behind every decision we make. We do our best to communicate such as thoroughly as possible.

I made a mistake yesterday in making a decision on my own that was not necessarily mine to make, since it is still a rather fresh issue. I requested to be overridden on the matter because I knew I was wrong. We all make mistakes here, and that's fine. However, when no communication is made, that is when things really get a lot worse. Without communication everyone is left out in the middle of a blizzard without even some warm clothes haha. We all have a duty as people and as RP'ers to be forthright. Several times in the past, we have given second chances to people in hopes that they would stay and be active. I personally have been witness to members randomly leaving 2 or 3 times when given back their status, out of hope that they would stay. In a way because of that we as staff lost credibility because we gave chances to people who were proven to not communicate with us on a fairly consistent basis.

Again however this is not to say that you can never get it again. If your village managed to catch a Bijuu, you could potentially become a Jinchuuriki once again. But as was stated, we can no longer show leniency to those who did not communicate when a conflict arose in RL. We expect a little communication. Even a log-in would have shown us that an attempt was made to log in and check in.

The reason Rumi for instance gets to retain his Bijuu is because he checks in whenever he can. He communicates with us and updates us on his schedule. He is thus showing us that he wants to be here. Hisame gets to retain her Bijuu because she is still here and actively working on the forum. As she previously stated, due to her schedules, she isn't able to make the time to RP in the current time. She barely has enough time to take care of staff duties or RP in important topics like with the Ouraboros.

I hope what I have said sheds some light on my views in this matter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.narutolegacy.com/

Sponsored content

A Few Things.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Things.    A Few Things.  Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Things.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1