Staff Online
Staff Team

https://i.imgur.com/f9oCeov.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTXwquy.jpg https://i.imgur.com/tEntTxd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QJKml5F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GIkzBhX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oKZpPn5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VALoWyE.png https://i.imgur.com/sEnOLLi.gif

Village News
The islands in Ocean Country have been celebrating the arrival of the next Umikage, Saizo. The long bridge leading to SHIPPUUGAKURE NO SATO has been closed for outsiders because they wish to celebrate this moment with Ocean Country natives only.
As usual, the Storm Country has been hosting the Asgard Games to welcome their Kanetsukage, Cornelia. It's a double special occasion because Cornelia is also the first female Kanetsukage. She has been picked for her courage, loyalty and outstanding power by the BOUFUUGAKURE NO SATO elders.
Not only that, but the Cherry Blossom Country has become relieved as well. It seems that everyone is slowly picking up after the war now. KUSAMURAGAKURE NO SATO proudly presented their new Sakurakage, Altair.
TSUKIGAKURE NO SATO is still thriving on the merchants coming in and out. They have not experienced anything special lately. Their wealth has remained the same as they were not forced to invest into shinobi unlike the others.
On the cold isles of the Blizzard Country, HYOUGAGAKURE NO SATO has still refused to create a free traveling policy. Some habits never change. To protect their traditions, they have even warned outsiders to not interfere with their matters.
Now that everyone is picking up again, who will come out on top?
Donations4Legacy!
It is possible to support the forum via donations. This is not required however so please do not feel obliged to donate if you do not wish to do so. We have created a system to thank our contributors though. You can read more about that by clicking --► HERE! Once you're sure that you wish to donate, click on the button below and follow the instructions given by PayPal. Please write down your username followed by Naruto Legacy in the extra notes section to get your points faster.

Copyright
Naruto Legacy was created by Nova and powered by FM. It is currently under the ownership of Eden. Contents, characters, plots, etc. are credited to the members. Please do not take anything that doesn't belong to you. If misconduct occurs, please notify Eden.

© All other rights to the Naruto franchise are reserved by Masashi Kishimoto.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Finder
Our Affiliates

A Day by the River

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Genin

Ren'ai
Ren'ai
Ryo : 110000

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Day by the River - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100A Day by the River - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

A Day by the River - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day by the River   A Day by the River - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:38 am

Ren's attack carried on after Tekishi had evaded, it sliced into the stone platform not too far away and made a deep gash in it. She was glad he had evaded the attack to avoid serious injury, both of them were tired and nearly out of chakra from their long drawn out spar. It was impossible to tell who was the victor, both of them had taken turns taking and receiving damage, albeit she had received more damage than him. She had a little more chakra than him, she was sure- he had used several jutsu, though in a unique and interesting combination.

Giving up isn't something I do, I wouldn't expect you to either. I tell you what, we'll decide this match with out next attack! Tekishi had offered to end the match early on account of her burns, truly it hurt.. but not any reason to give up. Besides, the crowd didn't want them to give up anyways, sometimes onlookers could be so bloodthirsty. Ren would give them something worthy of praise.

She turned to face Tekishi and stare him down for a moment to prepare, her eyes told him to come at her with his best shot- well, with what they had left at least. She took a solid stance and lowered her form to half kneeling, she winced at the pain from her reddened skin, but she ignored it. She began to perform many handseals without stopping, it was a combination she had tried in practice several times separately, bot not together. The sheer number of handseals she did would seem as if she was performing an A Rank or higher jutsu. The question was, was it a genjutsu or something completely different?

She released an invisible gas from her mouth and pushed it in the direction of Tekishi and surrounded him; he would begin to feel light headed and likely assume it was a Genjutsu of some sorts. The gas covered a very large portion of the stone battleground, the only section not covered was the area directly behind Ren. Suddenly her breathe changed as her handseals ended, her breathe ignited and released a stream of flames along an invisible gas line and headed in Tekishi's direction at high speed- at first the gas in front o Tekishi ignited and created a flaming wall that raced towards him and grew as it circled all about him. It would ignite all the gas and create a massive explosion ten feet in every direction from the center of the roaring fireball. Tekishi was the center. Ren leapt backwards from her own crouched position and jumped as far as she could, the explosion carrying her further than her intended jump as she slammed against the far brick wall. She had used all of her chakra and was now physically weak from exhaustion and pain, from the burns as well as the wound on her thigh.

"Overdoing" it was an underestimation in every sense, she had been quite reckless in both cases of her own safety as well as Tekishi's. She watched the blazing inferno, more concerned rather than curious as to how her new friend had faired.

Word count- 503
Chakra-0/100
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Genin

Ren'ai
Ren'ai

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Day by the River - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100A Day by the River - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: A Day by the River   A Day by the River - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 4:38 am

Made my post Tekishi, I altered my inquiry post to keep the steady flow of the battle.
Back to top Go down
Chuunin

Tekishi
Tekishi
Male Posts : 174
Ryo : 47000

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Day by the River - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue170/170A Day by the River - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: End of the Spar.   A Day by the River - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:11 pm

The Uchiha had denied Tekishi’s request to call the match and let bygones be bygones. Why couldn’t she? It must’ve been pride, or the misplaced ego of God which should’ve been placed in another person, more along the lines of being a male as opposed to this chick. Any other chick Tekishi had known would’ve recognized that she may not have been outmatched, but this first time around had been outwitted. She commenced the creation of hand seals after the words left her mouth to determine the winner after the next attack. Tekishi turned and relinquished the chakra that he had built up, utilizing the humidity that was already in the air to push himself to the outer edge of the stone stage; the hurricane maneuver, is what he called it. As he did so he also called forth the water clone bunshin that he had just previously ordered to remain hidden in the crowd. They would meet just before the explosion had erupted engulfing the entirety of the stone stage. All Tekishi had wanted and received from this last remaining clone was protection. The majority of his body had been surrounded by the water bunshin as the explosion had erupted. It was a long shot to say just how much protection this had offered him.

Overdoing it was an understatement in regards to the attack Ren’ai had unleashed upon the stage. Tekishi could clearly tell that Uchiha Ren’ai was fixed on winning the fight between them, rather than just gaining battle experience and giving the citizens who were watching a nice little show to go home and talk about for the remainder of the week. Ren’ai had seemingly been out for blood, or at the very least the win in this regard. Tekishi didn’t have much time to think. It was either protect himself or protect the citizens that were watching. Instinctually he wanted to help protect the citizens that were surrounding the area from the explosion that Ren’ai had caused. Thinking a little deeper into the matter with the very small period of time he had to do so there was no way he could honestly sit there and think that Ren’ai was so hell bent on getting the win that she would cause harm to the citizens of the village to do so.

The cries from the on-looking citizens had died down as time elapsed after the explosion had taken place, and in some places it had turned from sheer fear into laughter. Where once the thought of losing a limb or a life entirely had scared them, was now replaced with the thought that that was close or that was a rush in and of itself. Most of them had scattered from the stage. Turned and backed away enough to avoid the immense heat that was generated over the stage and proliferated around it until it had all been caught on surrounding air particles and carried up into the atmosphere. The dust still lingered and if one couldn’t see because of it, they could still sure enough hear the coughs and chokes on the dust which was a secondary fight they had to overcome as a result of Uchiha Ren’ai’s technique choice.

Inside the smoke and dust of the eruption Tekishi had utilized the mystical palm technique, guiding the green chakra that hummed and flowed around his hands over his body as though he was erasing the charred marks which had covered the parts of his body that was caught in the blast. It was primarily the extremities. Because they had flailed in such incalculable directions, both for himself and of the bunshin, they couldn’t sync up and the water wasn’t able to slow down the explosion around his forearms and calves down. This is where he had focused on his healing, utilizing the remainder of his chakra to soothe out the pain that had been caused from the force of the blow, which had knocked him down out of the stage and pushed him up against the corner of the wall that surrounded the stage. His body would be tender from this attack, but the bruises weren’t visible after his healing had taken place. Same thing for the second degree burns he had acquired on his hands and lower extremities. He had removed the charred up, burnt look on his skin which was the only thing that gave away that he had been hit physically. But he couldn’t do anything about the burnt and signed clothing he still had on.

He picked himself up, rather slowly, and now that his chakra had been depleted entirely, his wounds and burns no longer looking as such, he stumbled out of the dust cloud. “Wow, that packed a punch,” he said, still waving dust particles from his face, only one eye able to be open at a time as he distanced himself from the cloud of smoke. {I wonder how she was able to fair with that attack,} he thought to himself as he felt his chest press up against the stone stage. Where it was once a smooth surface with clearly defined edges now was replaced with a crooked line that did not know the definition of smooth. There was still a dust cloud hovering around Ren’ai and the side of the stage where Tekishi was at wasn’t fully clear of dust either. It would take another moment or more to be free of enough dust to see almost regularly again, and then a little after that for all of the dust to have been removed by the winds from the outside hurricanes that frequented the inside of the village more than the villagers had taken notice of.

{Come on Ren’ai, get up…get up...get up!} He urged her on with his will. The fight had been epic, especially for his first one. It was an awesome symphony of back and forth action. Both shinobi … err rather the kunoichi and shinobi both… showed signs of steel reserve and mental fortitude in the depths of the battle, which would have made any onlooking Chuunin or shinobi of a higher rank smile. These were two shinobi of the village that had just graduated from the academy, but they fought with the tenacity and stratagem of seasoned veterans. It was truly impressive. {Get up Ren’ai, get up…} he continued to heal her from thought. He had utilized all his chakra to heal himself but he would be able to attend to Ren’ai’s wounds with all of the medicine he had stored at his house. He began pushing himself back up onto the stone stage. He slowly and with little sense of equilibrium balanced himself back to his feet.

“Ren’ai?” he asked as though she wasn’t there, dust still interfering with his vision. “I think the fight is over now, you can come out in peace,” he choked on some dust and the words. His throat had suddenly felt very dry as well, must have been as a result of being so close to the center of the explosion. [This was an impressive bout, from the both of you. Whenever the Uchiha arises give her my compliments on her efforts against you. For you, maybe there is a chance you’ll become a great shinobi after all.] {I appreciate that, though I sure as hell do not feel like it right now,} he replied walking through the pain Ren’ai had forced upon him from her last technique. {I will be sure to give her your compliments as well. I think any compliment from a timeless demon that has seen and experienced so much would be well received. Let’s see how she will take it.}

Words: 1.282 // 6.335 Total // 12 Posts [in character]
Chakra: 0/100

Jutsu Used:
Back to top Go down
Genin

Ren'ai
Ren'ai

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Day by the River   A Day by the River - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Dust, lots of dust. Apparently her attack had damaged a fair portion of the stone stage and had caused an upheave of dust and smoke in the air. Ren was lying on the ground against the wall, she rested her head on the ground below the heaviest level of dust in the air. She was exhausted and had used way more chakra than she had intended, it would be a few moments before she would be able to stand up. She wasn't the only one who had used up all their chakra, but she was the one worse off; Ijutsu sure was a handy thing to have!

She rolled over and sat up and breathed heavily as she waved the dust away from in front of her face and coughed a bit; her ribs hurt from just coughing... probably had bruised her ribs during the explosion. She stood up as Tekishi came into view. he had already recovered as well, but she could see that he still suffered damage from the explosion and was likely as physically as tired as her. I'm glad to see you're okay at least, I was afraid that I had killed you with that last attack!

It had been a good spar, even if it had gone a bit out of hand: the winner of obvious though. Her opponent had strategized and done things to enfeeble her to prevent her from being effective in the battle. She had shown him that even if physically handicapped, she was still very much of an opponent. You fought well Tekishi, this is your win- considering I took the most damage in the end. Him healing himself didn't count against him, it was his own skill that gave him the advantage. She didn't mind admitting defeat, she wasn't as prideful to think herself better than others... but that didn't mean she had to go easy on them just because things were a bit messy.

She stood up slowly and took a deep breathe, wincing passed the bruised ribs and burns on her body. She would need some medical attention after this, but at least most of the onlookers were starting to go away now that the fight was over- luckily they hadn't been harmed during the fight.

Word count-378
Back to top Go down
Chuunin

Tekishi
Tekishi
Male Posts : 174
Ryo : 47000

Character sheet
Chakra:
A Day by the River - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue170/170A Day by the River - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: A Day by the River   A Day by the River - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 5:02 pm

A smile brimmed across his face as he had now confirmed that Ren’ai was alright. Well, at least she wasn’t dead as she had hopefully in a joking manner, made a comment about what she had tried to do to him! “It will take a lot more than an explosion to kill me,” he laughed with her in return.

Standing just in front of her he had held his hand out to help her up, and as she took it he assisted her up to her feet, gently placed her arm around his shoulder and supported her weight by his own. “That a’ girl. Let’s get you somewhere where we can get you all cleaned up.” He was relieved that the crowd that had surrounded and watched the fight was now fully dispersed. Of course there were areas from the spar where Tekishi, being the nitpicking, over analytical and very self-criticizing person that he was, thought could have been much better. But there was no way to go back and change the errors that he had made. Even if he could, he didn’t have the proper artillery to do anything differently if he could. He needed to continue to grow as a shinobi. He needed to continue to acquire more and more techniques, and acquire more and more combat experience so that he could become that much more of a weapon for the village Hidden in the Hurricanes.

As they hobbled towards the edge of the stage he had let her know that the Nibi no Kani had complimented her on her battle efforts and stratagem, stating that for a Gennin we both were found to be impressive in the eyes of the timeless demon. Tekishi had hoped that she had taken it to heart, as he had. “You fought very well too Ren’ai. I will be more than happy to have you fight along my side in any future missions that we may do together or if our village suddenly gets invaded by an enemy village. I definitely want to rely on you, and I hope that I’ve proven myself enough to you so that you are comfortable saying the same for me.”

They reached the edge of the stone stage and he helped her sit down, jumped down himself, and then assisted her down and off the stone stage. Before he made any movement towards where they were going to go next he just wanted to clarify with her that she wanted his help in recovering. “Did you want to come with me so I can heal those wounds? If not, it’s okay… I would just suggest you get the leg looked at first...”

Words: 446 // 6.781 // 13 [Posts in character]
Back to top Go down
Genin

Ren'ai
Ren'ai

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Day by the River   A Day by the River - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 5:05 am

The spar was officially over and both of them knew it, now it was time for them to lick their wounds and contemplate on their opponent's skills they had utilized in battle. Whether it was Jutsu based or otherwise, any and all things such as jutsu, strategy and pure fighting spirit were all notable traits. Ren had to admit that her opponent, Tekishi, had all of these traits inside of him. She was happy to spar with him, even if their match had taken a more serious turn... mostly her fault though.

She was not at all surprised by the turnout of the match, even though Tekishi had been clumsy and nearly fell to his death at the start of their encounter; he had a aura about him that signified he was a shinobi of importance. Ren had secretly wanted to test him to see how capable he was... she was not disappointed with his show of skills. She couldn't help but feel that as shinobi, they shared a greater destiny than just two kids showing off their skill to each other. Ren saw herself as the tip of the spear for her village in the future; Tekishi was more akin to the hands guiding the spear, or at least behind the safety of the weapon, providing support and strategy. Ren decided then and there that she would help Tekishi become a great person, one who could live up to the legacy of his ancestors.

Tekishi had helped her stand and then acted as a gentleman and helped her off the stage; as someone with medical training, he recognized the wounds on Ren. They were not life threatening, but they were more than minor injuries and would need proper attention. Currently both her and her lacked the proper chakra pool to attend to the wounds.

Ren grinned passed a grimace as Tekishi relayed the message from the Bijuu inside of him, she felt honored to complimented by the demon. She didn't fear the Bijuu, rather she respected them as a person of utmost importance and wisdom. I am honored for the compliment, it is a privilege to be complimented by someone as old and sagacious as a bijuu.

She grimaced again as she took a deep breathe and a couple steps while supporting her weight on Tekishi's shoulder. I would like to converse more sometime with the Bijuu inside of you Tekishi, but right now- we need to go to the medical clinic so the medic-nins can take a look at me. She let out a painful chuckle and made a few joke with Tekishi as they made their way to the clinic.
{END}

Word count-443
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Day by the River   A Day by the River - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Day by the River

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Legacy :: Hidden Villages :: Hidden Hurricane (Shippuugakure no Sato) :: Onozuka River-