Staff Online
Staff Team

https://i.imgur.com/f9oCeov.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTXwquy.jpg https://i.imgur.com/tEntTxd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QJKml5F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GIkzBhX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oKZpPn5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VALoWyE.png https://i.imgur.com/sEnOLLi.gif

Village News
The islands in Ocean Country have been celebrating the arrival of the next Umikage, Saizo. The long bridge leading to SHIPPUUGAKURE NO SATO has been closed for outsiders because they wish to celebrate this moment with Ocean Country natives only.
As usual, the Storm Country has been hosting the Asgard Games to welcome their Kanetsukage, Cornelia. It's a double special occasion because Cornelia is also the first female Kanetsukage. She has been picked for her courage, loyalty and outstanding power by the BOUFUUGAKURE NO SATO elders.
Not only that, but the Cherry Blossom Country has become relieved as well. It seems that everyone is slowly picking up after the war now. KUSAMURAGAKURE NO SATO proudly presented their new Sakurakage, Altair.
TSUKIGAKURE NO SATO is still thriving on the merchants coming in and out. They have not experienced anything special lately. Their wealth has remained the same as they were not forced to invest into shinobi unlike the others.
On the cold isles of the Blizzard Country, HYOUGAGAKURE NO SATO has still refused to create a free traveling policy. Some habits never change. To protect their traditions, they have even warned outsiders to not interfere with their matters.
Now that everyone is picking up again, who will come out on top?
Donations4Legacy!
It is possible to support the forum via donations. This is not required however so please do not feel obliged to donate if you do not wish to do so. We have created a system to thank our contributors though. You can read more about that by clicking --► HERE! Once you're sure that you wish to donate, click on the button below and follow the instructions given by PayPal. Please write down your username followed by Naruto Legacy in the extra notes section to get your points faster.

Copyright
Naruto Legacy was created by Nova and powered by FM. It is currently under the ownership of Eden. Contents, characters, plots, etc. are credited to the members. Please do not take anything that doesn't belong to you. If misconduct occurs, please notify Eden.

© All other rights to the Naruto franchise are reserved by Masashi Kishimoto.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Finder
Our Affiliates

Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genin

Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Male Posts : 32
Ryo : 7000

Character sheet
Chakra:
Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] Left_bar_bleue100/100Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] Empty
PostSubject: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 4:25 am

Kiyoshi was heart broken when he heard about the problems of Mrs. Yomochi. He was reminded of his mother's garden when he was told about all of it. Kiyoshi couldn't help but wonder if this somehow paid back his debts to his family, or at least put him on the road to that destination. When he arrived the elderly woman who owned the home seemed to be asleep. That made sense as she was in the condition that she was. It was a quaint little home and he was very proud to help it become more aesthetically pleasing and functional.

The garden was in her back yard and seemed quite expansive. One could assume without too much imagination that Mrs. Yomochi had a lot of time to work on this before her arthritis flare ups left her unable to continue. He crouched down onto his knees to start working on the garden and began feeling around gently for anything that wasn't bearing fruit. He would then follow the stem down to the dirt and shake. Seeing that nothing she would want was moving, he would feel sure enough that what he had in his hand was indeed a weed. He would then dig in his fingers around the root and pull up from there. Many weeds would grow back from the root alone if one wasn't careful. These were apparently deeply rooted plants because after a good two or so minutes he had only managed to remove about five weeds. When he was younger he would have just lit the whole thing on fire in frustration, but he knew now that very little was more cruel than to take a garden from an old woman.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Gin*
Gin*
Ryo : 28500

Character sheet
Chakra:
Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] Left_bar_bleue100/100Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:16 am

Gin had received the notice straight from the Kage's office to go to Mrs Yomochi's house to perform a menial task. When he thought about it, he himself had not done any weeding himself but he had an idea how it was done from watching the gardeners that came to his parent's mansion to work for their daily bread. Gin would observe what his gardeners did and really took note of what were the desirable and the ones that were not. Most of the things Gin had to learn in his life he did it off of observation. Despite the nature of this mission, he was told that the more difficult missions were for the future. On the note he received, there were directions to the woman's house and he soon arrived at the place and glanced around with his red hair dangling over his shoulder. He jumped over the white picket fence and placed his hands in his pockets as he walked slowly in Mrs Yomochi's yard; looking at her windows for her prying eyes, looking at the ground for vermin until he arrived at the back yard and saw a figure there obviously already starting the work.

"You're ambitious aren't you? Starting this thing before me." said Gin with a gentle smile as he eyed the one before him. "This woman...must be a plant fanatic. Just like my mother."
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 am

At first he was afraid when he heard somebody approaching him. His years in the wind taught him that somebody behind you when you were kneeling down could very easily be an immediate death sentence, among other things. All of the now tensed muscles slowly relaxed when he heard a calm voice giving him compliments. He waited a moment to turn around so that he could let his honest pride stay for just a moment on his face before he went back to his constant facade of immaterialism and deep modesty. By time he was on his feet all of the joy from the compliment was replaced by a look of innocent joy to meet a new person. "Well, I would hardly call myself lazy! It hardly befits one who wishes to become a shinobi. You must have a very good heart to come here instead of just instantly taking some exciting and violent mission." For a brief moment his smile faded slightly at the mention of a mother who loved plants. He thought back to going home to finding all of the plants that had gone to seed after his own mother killed herself. It then returned when he thought about continuing on her legacy bu keeping those seeds until they became beautiful flowers and made even more. "Plants do a lot of good for a lot of people. They sooth the soul."
Back to top Go down
Genin

Gin*
Gin*

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:58 am

Gin detected...some flicker in this one's emotion as he said the word 'mother' but he could not put a finger on it as to why. He knew keeping track of the emotions of those around him could mean life and death but all the same..."Anything for this village weather willingly or not, I am willing to do." said Gin and he made a couple steps closer to the boy. He estimated that they were around the same age. He did not sense anything evil, despite the flinch in emotion earlier, the boy did not portray any negative aura that would push him away or make him not trust this one. After all, he like Gin, was a shinobi of the Moon. He glanced at his surroundings. The garden itself was very well arranged; each by their kind. Flowers to the right, edible crops to the left and a very detailed sculptured fountain of a crescent moon in the center of the garden, not too far from where he and this person he just met stood. The moss had not gathered too much on it, neither had the white paint used on it. By this observation, the owner had not abandoned this place and it reminded him of the immaculate way his own was. "Before I join you, what do they call you?"
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:22 am

Kiyoshi got back down on his hands and knees to begin pulling the weeds from the ground again. He felt a leaf stab his fingers a little and then found the bottom of the leaf, where there were no spines. He followed that down to the dirt and pried it from the earth as he was before. He especially enjoyed pulling the prickly weeds. Some of the other ones, like the dandelions, could parade as flowers. Ugly weeds were overtly a bad thing. It was obvious that they were a danger to the sanctity and functionality of one's garden. He enjoyed the honesty of them.

His partner's statement about the good of the village was very interesting. Kiyoshi was in debt to this village for taking him in when he was nothing but a roaming beggar who was capable of mugging when things got dark. Now he was an honorable shinobi of Tsuki who also sold gourmet teas on the side.
"My name is Kiyoshi of the Osamaru clan. I am not a native here, but your home village has been very kind to me. Being as you are a part of that village, I thank you for taking me in." Kiyoshi's pride returned very shortly again in his voice when he stated his clan name. Keeping pride under wraps was a very difficult thing to do when you were one chosen to commune with the Gods, but he was above getting full of himself, or so he very deeply believed. "What might I call you, kind sir?"
Back to top Go down
Genin

Gin*
Gin*

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:44 am

Gin followed his lead as the boy bent down on all fours and resumed his work that he had already started. From the looks of things, Gin realized he did not make much head way. He could see why though; he was using only his fingers. Gin reached behind him and took out a kunai as the boy spoke and started to use the kunai as a spade and dug out the first weed he saw with ease. The sharpness of the blade made quick work of even the bigger and more difficult weeds. He was not aware of the clan he mentioned but kept the information about his partner in his memory. He looked at Kiyoshi as he spoke as he always did. Eye contact showed confidence and pride.

"I am known as Gin." he said as he put down his kunai a bit, "Tsukigakure is my home and I am glad that it made the choice of helping someone. That is the nature of this village." he said as he paused a bit to reflect on his thoughts. "This is our home...Kiyoshi san, we must do what we have to to make sure there is always balance here. You might not have been born here, but...you will shed blood, sweat and tears for this village as I will and that is all that matters to me really. You are no longer an outsider." he said as he took up his kunai and continued his work
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:17 am

Kiyoshi continued digging things out by hand, glancing uneasily at Gin's kunai. He was horrified at the idea that he may damage any of the precious produce and aesthetically pleasing flowers. He gently caressed the plants that were meant to be saved. He saw plants as no different from animals, only to be damaged at all when necessary. Killing things wasn't on his immediate to do list, but weeds needed to be removed or they would destroy all other life in the general area. Beautiful flowers attracted insects. Those insects spread pollen to make more flowers, attracting more insects, feeding the birds, producing honey, feeding the rest of the food chain, and keeping everything going smoothly. One weed choking out one flower could ruin an entire potential ecosystem.

He found a small vine curling around a tomato plant and ever so slowly untangled it. He was in no way scared of spending a few hours on this if it meant that the whole garden could be beautiful without any of the beautiful, botanical, prizes that were put there intentionally being damaged at all. It was more than obvious to him that this woman put a good deal of love into her garden and it was a very sad day in his eyes when she could no longer be sure that love is being poured into it. He wanted to make sure that the next time she walked outside she would smile and feel good in her Village. If she could trust that Tsukigakure had her back then she wouldn't have to worry about anything as she fell into her old age. If Kiyoshi could give her a stress free retirement then he would be very happy himself.

"You are so very welcoming to me to take me on as a fellow villager. I hope that I can meet any and all expectations," he said very graciously. He was beginning to like this Gin. He wasn't particularly fond of the other type as it corrupted one's soul, but he liked this man. Putting love into one's work is far easier when working with a person you can respect.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Gin*
Gin*

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:47 am

Gin decided to glance at Kiyoshi's movements a bit, very subtle of course. He looked at him gently take down the vine from the tomato plant and how intricate his fingers did his work. He wondered just what kind of back ground Kiyoshi had before he came here. Surely he had some experience with this to know how to go about doing what he was doing.

So I guess I was wrong, maybe being a shinobi does not always have to be physically strong to do what is needed to be done, but the right attitude and the art in doing whatever it is that is being assigned to me. Interesting...

Looking at Kiyoshi, Gin also started to take greater care in his method of gardening and now they were making progress. Gin had made the wheel barrow nearby his dumping grounds for the weeds that he had already harvested and the pile was growing slowly but surely.

"Don't worry Kiyoshi...I have a feeling you will meet all the expectations." Gin nodded and smiled in acknowledgment.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:11 am

Kiyoshi noticed a few places that were now entirely covered in weeds. He slowly untangled these areas just to find two that had been left completely baron. One of these spots was in side of the garden with the eatables, and the other was where the flowers grew. He used some of the seeds from his mother's hibiscus flowers to cover what was missing in the purely aesthetic section. For the latter he found a tomato that had fallen too long ago for the old woman to have picked it up off of the ground and pulled the seeds from it to scatter them in the bare spot of the eatables section. Balance was always necessary. And with that, they were done. "We did a very good job in here today. I hope that this old woman will be very happy. Also, we should train together some time. I feel that we have a lot of things to learn from one another still." Kiyoshi walked away and looked back to see not only Gin, but a small, smiling woman in the window.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Gin*
Gin*

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:32 am

Gin finished his quota as well and cracked his back from all the bending and it felt awesome. Truth be told, he felt good doing something for someone else. He never liked selfish people and his perspective of these tasks changed forever. He will take these tasks in stride and work even harder. He looked at the boy as he spoke and acknowledged his words with a nod and some words of his own.

"You can guarantee we will meet again."
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]   Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin] Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn Weeds [Kiyoshi & Gin]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1