Staff Online
Staff Team

https://i.imgur.com/f9oCeov.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTXwquy.jpg https://i.imgur.com/tEntTxd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QJKml5F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GIkzBhX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oKZpPn5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VALoWyE.png https://i.imgur.com/sEnOLLi.gif

Village News
The islands in Ocean Country have been celebrating the arrival of the next Umikage, Saizo. The long bridge leading to SHIPPUUGAKURE NO SATO has been closed for outsiders because they wish to celebrate this moment with Ocean Country natives only.
As usual, the Storm Country has been hosting the Asgard Games to welcome their Kanetsukage, Cornelia. It's a double special occasion because Cornelia is also the first female Kanetsukage. She has been picked for her courage, loyalty and outstanding power by the BOUFUUGAKURE NO SATO elders.
Not only that, but the Cherry Blossom Country has become relieved as well. It seems that everyone is slowly picking up after the war now. KUSAMURAGAKURE NO SATO proudly presented their new Sakurakage, Altair.
TSUKIGAKURE NO SATO is still thriving on the merchants coming in and out. They have not experienced anything special lately. Their wealth has remained the same as they were not forced to invest into shinobi unlike the others.
On the cold isles of the Blizzard Country, HYOUGAGAKURE NO SATO has still refused to create a free traveling policy. Some habits never change. To protect their traditions, they have even warned outsiders to not interfere with their matters.
Now that everyone is picking up again, who will come out on top?
Donations4Legacy!
It is possible to support the forum via donations. This is not required however so please do not feel obliged to donate if you do not wish to do so. We have created a system to thank our contributors though. You can read more about that by clicking --► HERE! Once you're sure that you wish to donate, click on the button below and follow the instructions given by PayPal. Please write down your username followed by Naruto Legacy in the extra notes section to get your points faster.

Copyright
Naruto Legacy was created by Nova and powered by FM. It is currently under the ownership of Eden. Contents, characters, plots, etc. are credited to the members. Please do not take anything that doesn't belong to you. If misconduct occurs, please notify Eden.

© All other rights to the Naruto franchise are reserved by Masashi Kishimoto.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Finder
Our Affiliates

New Achievement and Ranking System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jounin

Hisame
Hisame
Female Posts : 734
Ryo : 598400

Character sheet
Chakra:
New Achievement and Ranking System Left_bar_bleue315/315New Achievement and Ranking System Empty_bar_bleue  (315/315)

New Achievement and Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: New Achievement and Ranking System   New Achievement and Ranking System EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Okay, so it has been a few days and I haven't been seeing a lot of progress on this system being refined enough to settle my concerns. Being so, I figured it would be wise to open up the discussion and get suggestions for our favorite people, the Members! This system directly effects everyone on the site and I think it is important that everyone gets not just a little peak at what is to come, but also a say on how it may function. My main concern is effectiveness. The system itself is simple and easy to understand. It also eliminates the "power level" aspect of ranking up on the site. Right now, missions are the easiest and best way to obtain Ryo and EXP. Though we don't want members to stop doing mission, as they play a key role in obtaining these things, we don't want members only going through missions to progress and become stronger. I want our characters to obtain great things here. I want all of you to be able to be strong and accomplished. Characters are just faces with numbers without any true IC character development, and this system will help promote such just a little more, as well as even things out a bit. So read up and let's make this work!

The Achievement System is a system designed to help members rank up and establish their characters more, by optioning something known as AP. This will also allow members who achieve the requirements IC, the ability to qualify for higher ranks. This system will effect the over all requirements to ranking up, as well as fix a few issues with just grinding EXP for ranks.

Statistic Requirements: Now statistic requirements are the required statistics that a shinobi must obtain, before they can qualify to rank up. The reason for this is so people can't just grind EXP for ranks. It also makes it so a shinobi's stats will properly fit their rank, when they progress on. The current requirements are as such. These requirements can't be met with starting stats. To obtain the standing required, a shinobi must spend EXP they obtain after approval, and bring a desired stat to meet the requirement.

Genin: Genin have no requirements set for them. A genin may progress to Chunnin through the use of EXP as normal. Genin are able to gain AP, or Achievement Points, which can be used later to progress.

Chunnin: Shinobi of Chunnin rank, must first level one of their stats to A-rank, to progress to Special Jounin.

Special Jounin: Shinobi of Special Jounin rank, must first level two of their stats to A-rank, to progress to Jounin.

Jounin: Shinobi of Jounin rank, must first level three of their stats to A-rank and one(maybe 2) to S-rank, to progress to Seinin.

Achievement Point System: Achievements are IC accomplishments that shinobi can obtain, which yield Achievement Points (AP). These points are used to progress to the next rank, along with EXP and meeting the required statistics. The events that can provide AP are as such.

Becoming a Clan Head - 2 AP
Achieving max Jinchuuriki training - 2 AP
Completing an Event Mission - 1 AP
Handling matters of 'Great Importance", Plot or Village ARC (Staff Approved) - 1 AP
Defeating a "S-rank" Shinobi (Staff Approved)
Learning a jutsu of S-rank (Training/Staff Approved) - 1 AP
Completing a S-rank mission (Staff Approved) - 1 AP
Completing a Character ARC (Admin Approved) - 1-2 AP
Winning the Chunnin Exams (Idea/WiP) - 2 AP
Obtaining the next rank(Idea) - 1-2 AP (Probably 1)
(More will come)

Points Required for each rank. (NOTE: Shall points be consumed, stay, or be divided by half upon use, unsure yet.)

Chunnin → Special Jounin: 3, 4
Special Jounin → Jounin: 6, 8
Jounin → Seinin: 9, 12

Point values may change, depending on how difficult AP may be in obtaining.

AP cannot be transferred between characters. It doesn't work like Ryo, since it is not a currency. The AP that characters will obtain only belong to said character, because of the achievements that they themselves have completed. This is something that will not be changed, period.

This is the rough draft. Comment please. This is the system idea we will be going with. Just a few fixes and clarifications should be made.

Concerns so far:

The two different set of numbers are both candidates for set point values. The reason I have more than one is because I didn't think of whether points should be consumed or accumulated. Also our current things that are worth points are slim. hard to know how easy or hard it will be for people to obtain said points. The main reason this is a concern is because If we make it too easy, then obtaining thinks like jounin and seinin will become to easy, however, I don't want members to get stuck on obtaining AP, which will prevent them from ranking up when they have obtained all the other requirements.

If we have AP consumed when used, we are going to need more ways for people to obtain AP, before releasing the system. As it stands, the ways to gain AP are not extremely easy, as they are to be major achievements. This is one thing for higher level shinobi, but as I stated. we don't want it to be impossible for members to rank up, just because of AP values.

Also, there is a factor that not all members can complete certain achievements at this time. Only Genin can do the Chunnin Exams. Only Jins or clam members can obtain things like max training or clan head. We need a means for more members to obtain these points, that still fit with what they stand for, achievements.

Suggestions in correspondence with these concerns:

-AP is consumed when used.
-Seinin AP raised to 10
-Missions work towards gaining AP (Not possible until the Mission Success Rate System is finished.)

Other Suggestions:
Defeating someone in battle.
Training A-rank Jutsu.
Training a certain amount of jutsu.

Let the input commence!
Back to top Go down
Chuunin

Tekishi
Tekishi
Male Posts : 174
Ryo : 47000

Character sheet
Chakra:
New Achievement and Ranking System Left_bar_bleue170/170New Achievement and Ranking System Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: New Achievement and Ranking System   New Achievement and Ranking System EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Hisame wrote:
Okay, so it has been a few days and I haven't been seeing a lot of progress on this system being refined enough to settle my concerns. Being so, I figured it would be wise to open up the discussion and get suggestions for our favorite people, the Members! This system directly effects everyone on the site and I think it is important that everyone gets not just a little peak at what is to come, but also a say on how it may function. My main concern is effectiveness. The system itself is simple and easy to understand. It also eliminates the "power level" aspect of ranking up on the site. Right now, missions are the easiest and best way to obtain Ryo and EXP. Though we don't want members to stop doing mission, as they play a key role in obtaining these things, we don't want members only going through missions to progress and become stronger. I want our characters to obtain great things here. I want all of you to be able to be strong and accomplished. Characters are just faces with numbers without any true IC character development, and this system will help promote such just a little more, as well as even things out a bit. So read up and let's make this work!

The Achievement System is a system designed to help members rank up and establish their characters more, by optioning something known as AP. This will also allow members who achieve the requirements IC, the ability to qualify for higher ranks. This system will effect the over all requirements to ranking up, as well as fix a few issues with just grinding EXP for ranks.

Statistic Requirements: Now statistic requirements are the required statistics that a shinobi must obtain, before they can qualify to rank up. The reason for this is so people can't just grind EXP for ranks. It also makes it so a shinobi's stats will properly fit their rank, when they progress on. The current requirements are as such. These requirements can't be met with starting stats. To obtain the standing required, a shinobi must spend EXP they obtain after approval, and bring a desired stat to meet the requirement.

Genin: Genin have no requirements set for them. A genin may progress to Chunnin through the use of EXP as normal. Genin are able to gain AP, or Achievement Points, which can be used later to progress.

Chunnin: Shinobi of Chunnin rank, must first level one of their stats to A-rank, to progress to Special Jounin.

Special Jounin: Shinobi of Special Jounin rank, must first level two of their stats to A-rank, to progress to Jounin.

Jounin: Shinobi of Jounin rank, must first level three of their stats to A-rank and one(maybe 2) to S-rank, to progress to Seinin.
(This looks fine as is.)

Achievement Point System: Achievements are IC accomplishments that shinobi can obtain, which yield Achievement Points (AP). These points are used to progress to the next rank, along with EXP and meeting the required statistics. The events that can provide AP are as such.

Becoming a Clan Head - 2 AP
Achieving max Jinchuuriki training - 2 AP
Completing an Event Mission - 1 AP
Handling matters of 'Great Importance", Plot or Village ARC (Staff Approved) - 1 AP
Defeating a "S-rank" Shinobi (Staff Approved)
Learning a jutsu of S-rank (Training/Staff Approved) - 1 AP
Completing a S-rank mission (Staff Approved) - 1 AP
Completing a Character ARC (Admin Approved) - 1-2 AP
Winning the Chunnin Exams (Idea/WiP) - 2 AP
Obtaining the next rank(Idea) - 1-2 AP (Probably 1)
(More will come)

Points Required for each rank. (NOTE: Shall points be consumed, stay, or be divided by half upon use, unsure yet.)
(Looking at the system and how AP is gained, I believe from what is there so far, that these will need to be consumable. If they are stacked, I don't see a way how they can be tracked or spent without negating or adding to them.)

Chunnin → Special Jounin: 3, 4
Special Jounin → Jounin: 6, 8
Jounin → Seinin: 9, 12

Point values may change, depending on how difficult AP may be in obtaining.

AP cannot be transferred between characters. It doesn't work like Ryo, since it is not a currency. The AP that characters will obtain only belong to said character, because of the achievements that they themselves have completed. This is something that will not be changed, period.

This is the rough draft. Comment please. This is the system idea we will be going with. Just a few fixes and clarifications should be made.

Concerns so far:

The two different set of numbers are both candidates for set point values. The reason I have more than one is because I didn't think of whether points should be consumed or accumulated. Also our current things that are worth points are slim. hard to know how easy or hard it will be for people to obtain said points. The main reason this is a concern is because If we make it too easy, then obtaining thinks like jounin and seinin will become to easy, however, I don't want members to get stuck on obtaining AP, which will prevent them from ranking up when they have obtained all the other requirements.

If we have AP consumed when used, we are going to need more ways for people to obtain AP, before releasing the system. As it stands, the ways to gain AP are not extremely easy, as they are to be major achievements. (Major achievements can also be character specific. If one character feels that said minor achievement to others is a major achievement to them - this may cause an issue. The member will of course request AP and if it isn't seen as a major achievement by staff then of course they will be denied. This is a gray area for sure, but will more than likely be ran into if and when this system gets implemented.) This is one thing for higher level shinobi, but as I stated. we don't want it to be impossible for members to rank up, just because of AP values. (I don't want the requirements to get any more difficult or complex either. I'm sure other members share this same sentiment. This system of AP looks like it will work but also requires a lot of management approval. I've currently been waiting for 2 weeks to get something of mine approved by admin's who have the power to do so and still have to wait. If I've waited this long for something that needs admin approval, I can only see a lot more issues coming down the road with members having to wait for admin approval for AP's and then for updates to be done. This is effectively making more work, for a small team of individuals, who already have their hands full as it is [in my humble opinion, of course].)

Also, there is a factor that not all members can complete certain achievements at this time. Only Genin can do the Chunnin Exams. Only Jins or clam members can obtain things like max training or clan head. We need a means for more members to obtain these points, that still fit with what they stand for, achievements.

Suggestions in correspondence with these concerns:

-AP is consumed when used.
-Seinin AP raised to 10
-Missions work towards gaining AP (Not possible until the Mission Success Rate System is finished.)

Other Suggestions:
Defeating someone in battle.
Training A-rank Jutsu.
Training a certain amount of jutsu.

Let the input commence!

My input can be found above in red.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hisame
Hisame

Character sheet
Chakra:
New Achievement and Ranking System Left_bar_bleue315/315New Achievement and Ranking System Empty_bar_bleue  (315/315)

PostSubject: Re: New Achievement and Ranking System   New Achievement and Ranking System EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Thank you, Tekishi, for putting in some input to this system. I was expecting members to voice their opinions more, since this system effects everyone, but it doesn't seem to be the case. SO again, thank you for being the first to actually say something. ^_^

As for your input, consumption I agree will probably have to be consumed, and certain things will be able to just be redone. This being the case, we need more ways for people to gain AP. This is our main issue at the moment. What should and should not grant AP. This partly answers your other inputted concern, of people asking for AP for smaller things because they think it should yield it. Though some possibilities are slightly vague, for the most part, what grants AP is set based on the list. This list will be refined and what requires looking at on the iffy side of things, as far as staff wise, will be slimmed. The best way to increase this list and better it for all is suggestions. I want to see what our members think should grant them a sense of achievement, in which they should be rewarded for, on a serious sense. (No trolling.)

That being said, I would really like to see more input and suggestions, so PLEASE people, read and post, read and post. This system, as I have said, affects us all. This is the first time a system has been opened up to the members to help decided upon. Don't let it go to waste!
Back to top Go down
Oujoukage

Eden
Eden
Female Posts : 2298
Ryo : 1597319

Character sheet
Chakra:
New Achievement and Ranking System Left_bar_bleue500/500New Achievement and Ranking System Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: New Achievement and Ranking System   New Achievement and Ranking System EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 am

Alright, this system will be published as is, but this topic will remain active! Post here to make suggestions, people!
Back to top Go down
http://www.narutolegacy.com/
Chuunin

Tekishi
Tekishi
Male Posts : 174
Ryo : 47000

Character sheet
Chakra:
New Achievement and Ranking System Left_bar_bleue170/170New Achievement and Ranking System Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: New Achievement and Ranking System   New Achievement and Ranking System EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 am

Eden Shinteki wrote:
Alright, this system will be published as is, but this topic will remain active! Post here to make suggestions, people!

There's been no membership engagement with this... I would look for more participation from the membership before publishing it. The conversation about it hasn't even really began...
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hisame
Hisame

Character sheet
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: New Achievement and Ranking System   New Achievement and Ranking System EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 pm

I agree. We have gotten almost no feedback on this from the members. I know we want this implemented and the rank freeze to pass and AP to be acquired, but if it is put into effect and doesn't work out, then nothing is going to really change. I would like to see a few more ideas on how to balance the system out more.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Achievement and Ranking System   New Achievement and Ranking System Empty

Back to top Go down

New Achievement and Ranking System

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1