Staff Online
Staff Team

https://i.imgur.com/f9oCeov.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTXwquy.jpg https://i.imgur.com/tEntTxd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QJKml5F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GIkzBhX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oKZpPn5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VALoWyE.png https://i.imgur.com/sEnOLLi.gif

Village News
The islands in Ocean Country have been celebrating the arrival of the next Umikage, Saizo. The long bridge leading to SHIPPUUGAKURE NO SATO has been closed for outsiders because they wish to celebrate this moment with Ocean Country natives only.
As usual, the Storm Country has been hosting the Asgard Games to welcome their Kanetsukage, Cornelia. It's a double special occasion because Cornelia is also the first female Kanetsukage. She has been picked for her courage, loyalty and outstanding power by the BOUFUUGAKURE NO SATO elders.
Not only that, but the Cherry Blossom Country has become relieved as well. It seems that everyone is slowly picking up after the war now. KUSAMURAGAKURE NO SATO proudly presented their new Sakurakage, Altair.
TSUKIGAKURE NO SATO is still thriving on the merchants coming in and out. They have not experienced anything special lately. Their wealth has remained the same as they were not forced to invest into shinobi unlike the others.
On the cold isles of the Blizzard Country, HYOUGAGAKURE NO SATO has still refused to create a free traveling policy. Some habits never change. To protect their traditions, they have even warned outsiders to not interfere with their matters.
Now that everyone is picking up again, who will come out on top?
Donations4Legacy!
It is possible to support the forum via donations. This is not required however so please do not feel obliged to donate if you do not wish to do so. We have created a system to thank our contributors though. You can read more about that by clicking --► HERE! Once you're sure that you wish to donate, click on the button below and follow the instructions given by PayPal. Please write down your username followed by Naruto Legacy in the extra notes section to get your points faster.

Copyright
Naruto Legacy was created by Nova and powered by FM. It is currently under the ownership of Eden. Contents, characters, plots, etc. are credited to the members. Please do not take anything that doesn't belong to you. If misconduct occurs, please notify Eden.

© All other rights to the Naruto franchise are reserved by Masashi Kishimoto.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Finder
Our Affiliates

Elemental Affinities Suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genin

Tadoe
Tadoe
Male Posts : 32
Ryo : 198500

Character sheet
Chakra:
Elemental Affinities Suggestion Left_bar_bleue250/250Elemental Affinities Suggestion Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Elemental Affinities Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Elemental Affinities Suggestion   Elemental Affinities Suggestion EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Ok. First of all I wanted to make this topic today, to present to all of the staff, in hopes that as a group you would see things from my perspective as a user.
First of all I myself, started with two elements. Katon and Doton. However my bijuu, The Haichibi no Shujaku, should allow free rank up of Katon to A-rank correct? Well the Jinchuuriki of the Nanabi no Genbu certainly did. In Doton anyway, but that's beside the point. What I wanted to address is the issue of not being able to get any type of advanced elemental manipulation unless your bijuu, or your clan has that specific advanced affinity. Alas I see the reason for this restriction, being that it puts a cap on power limits, but at the same time it restricts people to basic elemental affinity...no matter how powerful. But with the right amount of restrictions and limitations on the number of Advanced elements you can have, or just basic elements in general this could be safely and neatly integrated in the system of Naruto Legacy. One basic idea I currently have(Not final just a rough draft of an idea) is that let's say someone wanted the Yoton affinity? Which would be Lava release. Doton and Katon make up the sub-elements required for Yoton release. Ok then, if someone wanted Yoton release they would have to completly master the sub elements. That being Doton and Katon, they would have to rank it up to S-rank. Both of them. And only then at a price of Ryo and Exp...You may be able to begin to learn your Advanced affinity.
Back to top Go down
Chuunin

MomboKhan
MomboKhan
Male Posts : 16
Ryo : 500

Character sheet
Chakra:
Elemental Affinities Suggestion Left_bar_bleue165/165Elemental Affinities Suggestion Empty_bar_bleue  (165/165)

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Affinities Suggestion   Elemental Affinities Suggestion EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:34 pm

I second this motion, it should take time, skill and ryo to master but I think we should be allowed advanced nature affinities.
Back to top Go down
Sakurakage's Assistant

Ryujin
Ryujin
Male Posts : 119
Ryo : 81001

Character sheet
Chakra:
Elemental Affinities Suggestion Left_bar_bleue260/260Elemental Affinities Suggestion Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Affinities Suggestion   Elemental Affinities Suggestion EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:55 pm

I agree to certain extent to the point of the really deep Advanced Releases. Only the basic Advanceds are allowed.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Tadoe
Tadoe
Male Posts : 32
Ryo : 198500

Character sheet
Chakra:
Elemental Affinities Suggestion Left_bar_bleue250/250Elemental Affinities Suggestion Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Affinities Suggestion   Elemental Affinities Suggestion EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Further more. To protect clans already made... the advanced elemental affinities of that clan would still be unique to that clan and not learn able by any outside of that clan. Only a slight idea. Ryu's and Mombo's ideas are their own... mine is seperate
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hisame
Hisame
Female Posts : 734
Ryo : 598400

Character sheet
Chakra:
Elemental Affinities Suggestion Left_bar_bleue315/315Elemental Affinities Suggestion Empty_bar_bleue  (315/315)

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Affinities Suggestion   Elemental Affinities Suggestion EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 pm

It's not a bad idea, but sadly it will never actually be part of the system. I know that sounds really unappealing, and leaves no room for negotiation, but there is a reason for it and I'm going to explain it.

Advance elemental affinities for various chakra natures within the Naruto Universe, are only found in those who have the clan ability to use that element, or A bijuu that allows it. (Exp. Katon and Doton = Yoton) This is true for the canon, which is the easiest reason for not allowing it as it is. I know we say we are not canon, but that statement only covers certain things, which would be considered unfair due to our system, as well as some of our materials here on the forum. Over all, we are still very much canon on how things work within the Naruto Universe.

(Side note: Yoton is banned here because of how overwhelmingly powerful of an element it is, unless given through a Bijuu.)

Next, I'm going to explain as to why this would be a bad idea in the terms of possibly being allowed in general.

Now these abilities are suppose to be just for clans. If we allowed this sort of thing for normal members as well, via the possible training means that you are thinking of, then it would make being part of a clan less appealing, since they would no longer be the only ones with that signature element for said clan. Also, if you opened it for normal members, we would be FORCED to deal with the issue of possibly needing to open it for clans also, which would make those members of advance elemental affinities OP, since they would have easy access to a larger pool of powerful elements. To keep that from being an issue, we would have to say no, which would lead to those members feeling the same sorts of limits and restrictions that you do right now.

Lastly, there is the issue of trying to lift limitations and restrictions of members in general. Now I know we don't all like to be caged up with only a little bit to do, but the limitations we have set in place are designed to keep various aspects and members from becoming too strong. It isn't because we ourselves are afraid of being outmatched or anything of the sort. It's to prevent issues that we had in the past, with people being too OP to start. (Trust me, I've been complaining about the former levels of OPness since I joined. XD) Not only that, but in a way, normal users are not really all that limited compared to clan users. In truth, they actually have more versatility and freedom.

The reason for this is that members of a clan have their set powers and abilities to a degree upon creation. They also have clan jutsu, which count towards their total over all jutsu that they can have, technically giving them less over all custom jutsu to make. This means that clan users have to be careful and level certain stats, if they want to keep versatility with their techniques. Normal users have to do this as well, but they have more free range to do so. Not only that but some clans even have requirements that either limit chakra natures decided on creation, or even specialties. So in a way, aka requires ninjutsu, or fire + earth natures to make lava and that sort of thing. Without these requirements, clans who hold these sort of abilities could become too strong. So really it is based on what you want out of the idea you have for your character upon creation. Do you want to spew lava from your mouth with the few limitations that that sort of path would take, or do you want a completely free range character with no clan or abilities but all the room for creative customization? The choice is always yours to make.

As far as bijuu go, I'm not an expect on our bijuu, but as you know, they are being fixed and detailed during this point and time. They will get better for those who have them soon enough.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Affinities Suggestion   Elemental Affinities Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Elemental Affinities Suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1