Staff Online
Staff Team

https://i.imgur.com/f9oCeov.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTXwquy.jpg https://i.imgur.com/tEntTxd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QJKml5F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GIkzBhX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oKZpPn5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VALoWyE.png https://i.imgur.com/sEnOLLi.gif

Village News
The islands in Ocean Country have been celebrating the arrival of the next Umikage, Saizo. The long bridge leading to SHIPPUUGAKURE NO SATO has been closed for outsiders because they wish to celebrate this moment with Ocean Country natives only.
As usual, the Storm Country has been hosting the Asgard Games to welcome their Kanetsukage, Cornelia. It's a double special occasion because Cornelia is also the first female Kanetsukage. She has been picked for her courage, loyalty and outstanding power by the BOUFUUGAKURE NO SATO elders.
Not only that, but the Cherry Blossom Country has become relieved as well. It seems that everyone is slowly picking up after the war now. KUSAMURAGAKURE NO SATO proudly presented their new Sakurakage, Altair.
TSUKIGAKURE NO SATO is still thriving on the merchants coming in and out. They have not experienced anything special lately. Their wealth has remained the same as they were not forced to invest into shinobi unlike the others.
On the cold isles of the Blizzard Country, HYOUGAGAKURE NO SATO has still refused to create a free traveling policy. Some habits never change. To protect their traditions, they have even warned outsiders to not interfere with their matters.
Now that everyone is picking up again, who will come out on top?
Donations4Legacy!
It is possible to support the forum via donations. This is not required however so please do not feel obliged to donate if you do not wish to do so. We have created a system to thank our contributors though. You can read more about that by clicking --► HERE! Once you're sure that you wish to donate, click on the button below and follow the instructions given by PayPal. Please write down your username followed by Naruto Legacy in the extra notes section to get your points faster.

Copyright
Naruto Legacy was created by Nova and powered by FM. It is currently under the ownership of Eden. Contents, characters, plots, etc. are credited to the members. Please do not take anything that doesn't belong to you. If misconduct occurs, please notify Eden.

© All other rights to the Naruto franchise are reserved by Masashi Kishimoto.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Finder
Our Affiliates

Hogo-sha

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genin

Takeshi
Takeshi
Male Posts : 2435
Ryo : 20350

Character sheet
Chakra:
Hogo-sha Left_bar_bleue260/260Hogo-sha Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:17 am

Equipment Template

Name: Hogo-sha (Guardian)

Type: Armor (Chain Mail Shirt)

Quantity: One Shirt

Description: A shirt of metallic chains made from a substance unknown but able to be bent by the Kinzoku clan. Being made of individual links this armor doesn't affect the wearer's mobility and dexterity since the links can compress and relax along the folds of the body. This covers the entire chest and abdomen area as well and the arms like a long sleeve shirt, there is also a hood that can be raised to cover all of the head with the exception of the face.

Abilities: The purpose of the chain shirt is to deflect incoming attacks, while it is unable to do anything against ninjutsu or genjutsu it can nullify weaker level taijutsu and brush off some weapon strikes. It is designed to take on large edges so if the opponent were to slash at them the armor would compress and nullify the strike. Most weapons are to large to bypass the armor, the only one able to go perhaps more than half an inch (if the strike was a jab) are those those as slender as senbon which can fit through the links. All taijutsu strikes are half effective as normal with this armor and the wearer can still be damaged through force of strikes. Meaning if someone does a very powerful strike on me with a sword or any other weapon the user simply wont be cut but can be bruised and possibly have broken bones. This is able to be worn under other clothing. This armor is highly durable, requiring three strikes from S rank taijutsu in order to be broken.

History: Forged over the course of many months this set of armor was once worn by none other than Gintoki Kinzoku, the leader of the rebellion that overthrew the tyrant Hagane and restored order to the village hidden in the storm. Gintoki took the time to mine out this special material himself from a hidden chamber beneath the heart of Hel's Playground, that to this day only he has ever been able to locate, and then he made his way to the forge to spend many nights before the raging fires making each link one by one. When he completed the shirt he saw it as a masterpiece and a symbol of the unbreakable resolve he held in his heart. When Gintoki fell in the final battle in the rebellion it was passed on to his nephew Takeshi who has slightly modified it to fit his body personally.

Appearance:
Chain Mail:

Last edited by Takeshi on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:23 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Genin

Dominic
Dominic
Male Posts : 5756
Ryo : 12100

Character sheet
Chakra:
Hogo-sha Left_bar_bleue330/330Hogo-sha Empty_bar_bleue  (330/330)

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Takeshi wrote:
The purpose of the chain shirt is to deflect incoming attacks, while it is unable to do anything against ninjutsu or genjutsu it can nullify D rank taijutsu and brush off some weapon strikes. It is designed to take on large edges so if the opponent were to slash at them the armor would compress and nullify the strike. Most weapons are to large to bypass the armor, the only one able to go perhaps more than half an inch (if the strike was a jab) are those those as slender as senbon which can fit through the links. This is able to be worn under other clothing. This armor is considered indestructible.

This all goes into the abilities section.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Takeshi
Takeshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:27 pm

I was just explaining durability so I figured it went in description, if it has to go in abilities I may drop it since I would really just rather not pay and extra 20k for a metal shirt with no abilities other than the basic armor of wearing metal over your body.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Dominic
Dominic

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:57 pm

This is not the case with durability factor since it is a basic with armour naturally. However it will add to the price none the less depending on the overall durability. If the armour had some kind of enhanced ability, then it would charge 20,000.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Takeshi
Takeshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:33 am

done
Back to top Go down
Genin

Dominic
Dominic

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Your saying the armor is still indestructible? Indestructibility is a fee, plus the price of it being that way. So that part you need to remove unless your wanting to pay an uber amount for the armor. Once you do that, explain what type of blade it takes to pierce this cleanly since the metal seems to be unknown.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Takeshi
Takeshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:28 pm

so long as the indestructable factor will only add on 20k to the base price of this armor Im perfectly okay with that. Im in a RPing mood so ryo isnt a problem

And since Dom is quite busy recently Neji shall be taking over this application
Back to top Go down
Seinin

Haru
Haru
Male Posts : 644
Ryo : 9600

Character sheet
Chakra:
Hogo-sha Left_bar_bleue300/300Hogo-sha Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Quote :
It is designed to take on large edges so if the opponent were to slash at them the armor would compress and nullify the strike. Most weapons are to large to bypass the armor, the only one able to go perhaps more than half an inch (if the strike was a jab) are those those as slender as senbon which can fit through the links.

What would happen if you were hit by C+ taijutsu? What would the armor do it your were hit in the chest by a large battle hammer (bruise, bones break)?
Back to top Go down
Genin

Shitai
Shitai
Male Posts : 314
Ryo : 2750

Character sheet
Chakra:
Hogo-sha Left_bar_bleue270/260Hogo-sha Empty_bar_bleue  (270/260)

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:11 pm

all tai strikes are half effective as normal with this armor and I can still be damaged through force of strikes. Meaning it someone does a very powerful strike on me with a sword or any other weapon I simply wont be cut but Ill be bruised and possibly have broken bones
Back to top Go down
Seinin

Haru
Haru

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Ok, if some body jabs extremely hard can the blade pierce the chain mail? Also, like Dom said what weapons can actually penetrate the armor?
Back to top Go down
Genin

Shitai
Shitai
Male Posts : 314
Ryo : 2750

Character sheet
Chakra:
Hogo-sha Left_bar_bleue270/260Hogo-sha Empty_bar_bleue  (270/260)

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Takeshi wrote:
This armor is considered indestructible.

This should sum up pretty much every question you just asked, and is the reason I have to pay the 20k fee
Back to top Go down
Seinin

Haru
Haru

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Ok, I dont see anything else wrong in this. Edit in this:
Quote :
all tai strikes are half effective as normal with this armor and I can still be damaged through force of strikes. Meaning it someone does a very powerful strike on me with a sword or any other weapon I simply wont be cut but Ill be bruised and possibly have broken bones
Back to top Go down
Genin

Takeshi
Takeshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:59 pm

done
Back to top Go down
Genin

Renga Zakii
Renga Zakii
Male Posts : 260
Ryo : 350

Character sheet
Chakra:
Hogo-sha Left_bar_bleue180/180Hogo-sha Empty_bar_bleue  (180/180)

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Hogo-sha Stamp

27000 ryo.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Dominic
Dominic

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Actually, this armor is about 67,000 ryo. The overall durability of every level of taijutsu being halved, along with no blade being able to pierce fully, means that there is 0% chance at piercing the heart or any vital organ for that matter, with any type of weapon. That alone is 20,000 all by itself. Then the taijutsu effect itself, along with the fact that there is a mysterious metal that cannot be named, but can still be bent to clan usage, is extremely costly, 27,000 ryo. Lastly, the indestructability fee. Indestructible Armor in my opinion, probably shouldnt be allowed at all.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Takeshi
Takeshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:06 am

Alright then now that I've calmed down and talked to ya on the phone lets try this again. Gonna take out indestructibility all together and just give it a high durability factor. Changing it to beiong able to be broken by a set amount of Taijutsu (editing in now)
Back to top Go down
Genin

Dominic
Dominic

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:32 am

Taking out the indestructibility allows that fee to be wiped away completely. Now its just a matter of durability. The durability factor is still high, but with full effects of ninjutsu there, the high taijutsu count doesn't seem as bad. New Price,

32,000 ryo.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Takeshi
Takeshi

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:02 am

After massive borrowing from alternate accounts and a mad rush of missions I can now proudly say I have this amount and want to purchase this armor.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Dominic
Dominic

Character sheet
Chakra:

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Ryo Deducted. Make sure to add it in your inventory topic.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Hogo-sha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogo-sha   Hogo-sha Empty

Back to top Go down

Hogo-sha

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Legacy :: Other :: Armour Database-