Staff Online
Staff Team

https://i.imgur.com/f9oCeov.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTXwquy.jpg https://i.imgur.com/tEntTxd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QJKml5F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GIkzBhX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oKZpPn5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VALoWyE.png https://i.imgur.com/sEnOLLi.gif

Village News
The islands in Ocean Country have been celebrating the arrival of the next Umikage, Saizo. The long bridge leading to SHIPPUUGAKURE NO SATO has been closed for outsiders because they wish to celebrate this moment with Ocean Country natives only.
As usual, the Storm Country has been hosting the Asgard Games to welcome their Kanetsukage, Cornelia. It's a double special occasion because Cornelia is also the first female Kanetsukage. She has been picked for her courage, loyalty and outstanding power by the BOUFUUGAKURE NO SATO elders.
Not only that, but the Cherry Blossom Country has become relieved as well. It seems that everyone is slowly picking up after the war now. KUSAMURAGAKURE NO SATO proudly presented their new Sakurakage, Altair.
TSUKIGAKURE NO SATO is still thriving on the merchants coming in and out. They have not experienced anything special lately. Their wealth has remained the same as they were not forced to invest into shinobi unlike the others.
On the cold isles of the Blizzard Country, HYOUGAGAKURE NO SATO has still refused to create a free traveling policy. Some habits never change. To protect their traditions, they have even warned outsiders to not interfere with their matters.
Now that everyone is picking up again, who will come out on top?
Donations4Legacy!
It is possible to support the forum via donations. This is not required however so please do not feel obliged to donate if you do not wish to do so. We have created a system to thank our contributors though. You can read more about that by clicking --► HERE! Once you're sure that you wish to donate, click on the button below and follow the instructions given by PayPal. Please write down your username followed by Naruto Legacy in the extra notes section to get your points faster.

Copyright
Naruto Legacy was created by Nova and powered by FM. It is currently under the ownership of Eden. Contents, characters, plots, etc. are credited to the members. Please do not take anything that doesn't belong to you. If misconduct occurs, please notify Eden.

© All other rights to the Naruto franchise are reserved by Masashi Kishimoto.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Finder
Our Affiliates

Cupidity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou
Male Posts : 799
Ryo : 2371000

Character sheet
Chakra:
Cupidity Left_bar_bleue290/290Cupidity Empty_bar_bleue  (290/290)

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Name: Cupidity

Type: Chain Whip

Quantity: One Pair

Description: Please see the various images for its appearance. This weapon is versatile in the way that it can be used for stabbing, as a projectile, trapping, and close-range sword fighting (essentially). The user has many options to attack their enemy just with this weapon. Each whip is made of steel, and is 15 feet long.

Abilities: The first part of this weapon's ability is the reverse of Gambit's (X-men) power. While Gambit's power is to convert potential energy into kinetic energy, this weapon's ability is to do the opposite. The more movement this weapon goes through, the more energy created. Energy meaning: It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems. Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.(1) This energy created is stored into a chakra bead that is held along the chain links of the chain whip. It will take five swings in a full circle to create one bead of energy. A wrap around a limb and then pulling off of it counts as half a swing. If thrown, one bead is created once the whip has gone two of its full length away from where it started. Only 2 beads can be created in a single post [this excludes the initial beads].

One bead is three centimeters. Another way to create the beads is through the amount of ryo on hand. As this number increases, so too does the number of beads on the chain links. The rate at which this increases is one bead per thirty thousand ryo. The chain whips automatically start off with these beads at the start of the topic, but cannot gain anymore (in this way) if posting causes the user's ryo amount to go over 30k.

As the number of beads grows, the power of Haku grows stronger. As power is not a term so easily defined, in this case it is an all around stat increase, though it does not increase sensitivity. However, there is a decrease in Endurance (also Affects the speed of regeneration of wounds.), and Stamina by same amount of Increase in other stats.
Attached is a spreadsheet displaying his growth in power in accordance to the amount of ryo he has on hand, and the number of times he swings his weapon.

Spreadsheets are located here: Click here

Summary: 30k to make a bead. 5 Swings to make a bead. ~26% Stat Increase per bead. Must have at least 200k before an increase. Stat Increases are rounded down to the nearest hundred.

Credit to Sai for helping me with making the ability.

History: Along with Chastity, Hakumei found this pair of weapons within the ashes of his dead parents. If he knew where his parents were sleeping as they burned to death he would know that his father in particular used this weapon while his mother would use Chastity.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hakumei Shinkirou on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:34 am

Completion Bump
Back to top Go down
Genin

Dominic
Dominic
Male Posts : 5756
Ryo : 12100

Character sheet
Chakra:
Cupidity Left_bar_bleue330/330Cupidity Empty_bar_bleue  (330/330)

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Kamui has sent me a message and said that he would like to be the one to review this weapon himself first. So I am allowing him to do so, since this is based on Xanadu.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui
Male Posts : 889
Ryo : 39300

Character sheet
Chakra:
Cupidity Left_bar_bleue300/300Cupidity Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Thank you Dom. Well, lets get down to business, may I have permission to download the documents you inserted as an attachment, Haku?
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:28 pm

After asking others to look at this, I realize what you mean. I have posted a new place you can download them from. ^^"
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:26 am

Alright Haku, before we begin discussions, I'll like to point out to you that this is considered an upgraded version of your previous weapon in a sense. Thus, it may cost quite a bit.

Please post again saying you agree to the above statement before we begin.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Yeah, I figured that. I was hoping that the Greed part would count as one ability and not cost 20k and my first purchase of Greed's 5k would reduce it by that much as well.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Indeed very true but you see here, greed's original power as created by you was increase in sharpness and hardness but now this is an increase in power where you define power as and I quote:

Quote :
As the number of beads grows, the power of Haku grows stronger. As power is not a term so easily defined, in this case it is an all around stat increase, though it does not increase sensitivity.

which is totally a bumped up version of the original, hence, it will be more expensive. Agreed?

Now for the first part:

What is the weapon made off?

What is the dimensions of one bead?

How durable/hard is the weapon?

Is a swing is considered a full circular swing?

What do you mean by energy? Is it the same as Chakra?
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Indeed very true but you see here, greed's original power as created by you was increase in sharpness and hardness but now this is an increase in power where you define power as and I quote:

Quote :
As the number of beads grows, the power of Haku grows stronger. As power is not a term so easily defined, in this case it is an all around stat increase, though it does not increase sensitivity.

which is totally a bumped up version of the original, hence, it will be more expensive. Agreed? No.... There's 2 ways to make beads. Ryo and momentum. The ryo part should be free, but the momentum part will cost a lot. I will agree to that.

Now for the first part:

What is the weapon made of? Heck if I know. If I can afford it, I'd like it to be indestructible so it shouldn't much matter.

What is the dimensions of one bead? Whatever is the size of the inside of a chain link. I don't know. Really it doesn't even matter because they're always inside the chain links and can't be removed or used for anything other than the ability.

How durable/hard is the weapon? Hard as whatever it's made of. / Indesructible

Is a swing is considered a full circular swing? I thought I said that....but yes.

What do you mean by energy? Is it the same as Chakra? Why does this matter? It can only be used to make Beads. Beads can only be used for the stat increase. No one can use it any other way whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Quote :
What is the dimensions of one bead? Whatever is the size of the inside of a chain link. I don't know. Really it doesn't even matter because they're always inside the chain links and can't be removed or used for anything other than the ability

I asked because as the number of beads increase so does the range of such a weapon. Hence that is why I prefer that you specify it.

Quote :
What do you mean by energy? Is it the same as Chakra? Why does this matter? It can only be used to make Beads. Beads can only be used for the stat increase. No one can use it any other way whatsoever.

Alright, this matters because i can see the usage of absorbing opponent's attack ninjutsu here or in more simpler terms, absorbing enemies chakra attacks. Eg. if i shot a chakra beam at you and you swing greed which absorbs the chakra as well as increasing power to yourself. Hence, if the energy you stated is considered chakra in the narutoverse then it will be quite Op.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Quote :
What is the dimensions of one bead? Whatever is the size of the inside of a chain link. I don't know. Really it doesn't even matter because they're always inside the chain links and can't be removed or used for anything other than the ability
I asked because as the number of beads increase so does the range of such a weapon. Hence that is why I prefer that you specify it.

BLAH for the life of my I cannot find the size of a chain link. I'll say the bead is 1 centimeter.

Quote :
Alright, this matters because i can see the usage of absorbing opponent's attack ninjutsu here or in more simpler terms, absorbing enemies chakra attacks. Eg. if i shot a chakra beam at you and you swing greed which absorbs the chakra as well as increasing power to yourself. Hence, if the energy you stated is considered chakra in the narutoverse then it will be quite Op.

It...doesn't do any absorbing....It converts Kinetic Energy into Potential Energy. Y'know...the momentum part.... If you can tell me what Energy is in real life, go ahead ._. "It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems. Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length." How's that? .-.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:41 am

Ok, please add that both in.

Would you mind explaining the rank part in your spreadsheet? I'm not that clear about it.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:53 am

Ok, please add that both in.

Done.

Would you mind explaining the rank part in your spreadsheet? I'm not that clear about it.

Um. Yeah. Not really a reason for having it, but I do. I needed a way to increase the Stat Increase without pulling random numbers from the air, so I found it easy to assign a number to each rank, in ascending order, to affect the Stat Increase as well. If that part will cost me more I guess I'll have to find a different way to have a good Stat Increase with the numbers I have =/

Edit: Edits I will be making:
Chain length will be 15ft (each)
Beads will be 3 cm
Adding Baseline of 20k in Spreadsheet;
Uploading New Spreadsheets: http://www.mediafire.com/?w6z4g6raqq95y
Adding in Drawbacks: Decrease of Endurance (also Affects the speed of regeneration of wounds.) by same amount of Increase in other stats, Increased Fatigue (Decreased Stamina)
Made of Steel. (Don't care what metal really)

Will that be all? Price of this and Price of this plus Indestructibility needed.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:54 am

Everything is ok for now except that I need to look deeper into the calculation.
Also when I say a baseline of 20k ryo = 20 beads, it doesn't increase your stats yet. only after 20k ryo beads it'll increase your stats, below 20k ryo it'll decrease in stats. You always make hard equations to deal with. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Ah, sorry, I did have that already included in the .ods spreadsheet, but I guess I forgot to update the .xls. You can download either now, as they both have the updated calculations.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Hmm.. after doing some clicks and all that, I believe 1k per bead is not viable, please put it so that its 3k per bead.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Edited to that specification.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:56 am

Same link to download?
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 am

Yeah, one of my previous posts, not the original topic post.
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:41 am

Alright, please add in as well that it will always be rounded down to the nearest hundred for the stat increase. Furthermore, note that as you become stronger in one region (Strength and speed), you become weaker in another (Endurance and Stamina).
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 pm

As I said it would be added, it has been added. The spreadsheet has also been edited. (I googled it and learned how to round to the nearest hundred, woo! XD) The same link works, as it is a shared folder and not sole files. Any other edits necessary?
Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Let me test if you got the rounded down to the nearest hundred right before I approve it.

Tell me what is the rounded down version of these to the nearest hundred.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Kamui wrote:
Let me test if you got the rounded down to the nearest hundred right before I approve it.

Tell me what is the rounded down version of these to the nearest hundred.

Back to top Go down
Genin

Kamui
Kamui

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:24 am

Very well then. Approved but please get Dom to read though to see if its ok and let him price accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Jounin

Hakumei Shinkirou
Hakumei Shinkirou

Character sheet
Chakra:

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:04 am

Summary added for Dom's sake.

Summary: 3k to make a bead. 5 Swings to make a bead. ~26% Stat Increase per bead. Must have at least 20k before an increase. Stat Increases are rounded down to the nearest hundred.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Cupidity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupidity   Cupidity Empty

Back to top Go down

Cupidity

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next